Monday, May 25, 2020

Ten years... wow

On the first anniversary of this blog, way back when, I wrote the following:

A year ago today, I finally made the effort to put together my own music blog. I'd always wanted one, but at the time the process of establishing one seemed like something exotic and difficult, a thing that only truly savvy technogeeks did. When I finally made up my mind to give it a try, I was surprised at how easy making my own blog turned out to be.

I cannot tell you how much fun it has been, sharing my stories and music with you all over the past 365 days. I initially assumed that no one would take the time to find or read my words, or have any interest in this little corner of the Web that I designated my own... Some folks just passed through; some have lingered a while; and many have left comments with me, sharing their own thoughts about the things and events I've written about. To all of you, I just want to say "Thank you".

...This thing turned out to be a lot more fun that I ever thought it would be.


Even after a full decade of maintaining this site and providing my thoughts (and, more importantly, the files) on the music and bands that I have loved, hated, enjoyed and maligned throughout my life, I don't think I can add much more to this writeup.  As the number of visitors now approaches a million, all I can say is that I am grateful and humbled for your interest and support over the years, and the kind and thoughtful words many of you have left.  In my wildest dreams, I never thought that Pee-Pee Soaked Heckhole would resonate with so many for so long.

Near the end of my post in 2011, I added the following:

While my output has slowed in recent months, that does not mean that "Pee-Pee Soaked Heckhole" will be ending anytime soon. I have many more stories and tunes to share with you all (in fact, I have a number of posts that are currently in progress - just looking for the right words and the right time to finish them). I hope that you all keep on coming back here in the weeks and months to come, and please keep letting me know what you think of my funny little blog.

That part remains to be true; I've got literally dozens of essays in various stages of completion that I've been working on sporadically.  And in the next few weeks, I hope to get some of these longer-form screeds finished and up for your perusal, acquisition and commentary - along with some quickies I hope to put up in the next few days to celebrate this milestone.  Just bear with me, as always.  They don't come out as fast as they used to... but there are still plenty more where these current ones came from, and I look forward to sharing them with you.

All in all, this thing HAS turned out to be a lot more fun than I ever thought it would be.  Thanks to you all for hanging in there with me for the past decade.  Looking forward to the next ten, and beyond!

All the best to you from Pee-Pee Soaked Heckhole

2 comments:

  1. congratulations, friend, on ten years! wow, indeed! a sincere thank-you to you for keeping this blog alive and continuing to share your stories and interests. i not only enjoy your writing but also have come to really respect your musical opinions. it's my experience that music lovers have to do some work to keep from falling into the pit of nostalgia and living in the past with the same old tunes. you make that work a little easier by occasionally pointing me in a whole new direction. and sometimes you just fill in a hole i never thought was there! again, i thank you, and i hope you continue to have fun with this. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this milestone in your labor of love, and best to you as well!

    ReplyDelete