OK, OK . . . the people have spoken, and I have heard.
Along with the huge demand for my last post, More Intensified! Volume 2 - Original Ska 1963-67, for the psst two days requesters have been clamoring for the other disc I mentioned in that writeup, Club Ska '67. This is one of the original ska compilations, and is even harder to find than More Intensified!; like its brother, it too has been out of print for eons. I recently noticed a CD copy of this one for sale on Amazon . . . for $150. Glad I bought mine when I did!
Club Ska '67 differs somewhat from my previous posting in that it mostly eschews rarities and instead focuses on the classic recordings from that period. And what classics they are - some of the all-time great Jamaican hits are here. Here's the lineup:
1. Guns Of Navarone - The SkatalitesIt's hard to choose favorites off of this one - EVERY song is outstanding!
2. Phoenix City - Roland Al And The Soul Brothers
3. 007 (Shanty Town) - Desmond Dekker
4. Broadway Jungle - The Maytals as The Flames
5. Contact - Roy Richards With Baba Brooks
6. Guns Fever - Baba Brooks
7. Rub Up Push Up - Justin Hines & The Dominoes
8. Dancing Mood - Delroy Wilson
9. Stop Making Love - Gaylads
10. Pied Piper - Rita Marley
11. Lawless Street - The Soul Brothers
12. Skaing West - Sir Lord Comic & His Cowboys
13. Copasetic - The Rulers
Enough of my yip-yap - I heed the call of the masses, and acquiesce. Here, for your listening pleasure, is Club Ska '67, originally released on vinyl in Jamaica by West Indies Records Ltd. in 1967, in Britain on Trojan Records in 1970, and finally re-released on Mango Records (a subsidiary of Island Records) in 1980. Skank on, my brothers, and as always, let me know what you think.
Please use the email link below to contact me, and I will reply with the download link ASAP: